HIGH POINT VILLAGE
Position Title: Reach High Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Salary, Full-Time
Under the direction of the Lead Reach High Coordinator, the Reach High Coordinator is responsible for overall supervision and teaching curriculum of Reach High; while ensuring compliance with board directives and all applicable local, state, and federal requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Reach High Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day curriculum and activities in the Reach High Program at Point Village, a 501(c)(3)non-profit. The Reach High Coordinator is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing curriculum and activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the Villagers;
- Provide appropriate and adequate visual supports for all curriculum and activities;
- Provide individualized assistance as needed;
- Coordinate curriculum and activities with Reach High Teacher, ensuring all Villagers are supported and assisted at their function-level;
- Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and maintained at all times;
- Create and utilize daily lesson plans using the organization’s approved curriculum;
- Identify any problem areas and convene with Lead Reach High Coordinator when necessary;
- Interacts in a positive and supportive manner with other personnel and community-based organizations; and
- Coordinates with the Lead Reach High Coordinator in the development of current and long-term program goals and objectives
To perform effectively in this position, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies. These core competencies represent effective administration of High Point Village and its programs fulfilling High Point Village’s mission.
Management: Maintains effective systems of internal controls to account for all receipts and expenditures of program funds. Develops budget items for the fiscal year and ensures the effective use of funding for each program.
Job Knowledge: Understands the technical aspects of managing programs; provides advice to staff directly and/or solicits guidance from experts. Understands the duties and responsibilities of the position and keeps job knowledge up-to-date. Clearly understands the educational mission of the organization and continuously works to promote High Point Village and achieve its goals.
Initiative in fulfilling the goals of the organization: From interactions with management, staff, and volunteers, the Lead Reach High Coordinator recognizes and brings to the attention of the Executive Director issues that affect the organization, and implements plans to reach organizational goals as determined by the Executive Director. The Reach High Coordinator will display initiative in developing action plans and resolving problems as they occur, in consultation with the Lead Reach High Coordinator, Executive Director and/or other staff members.
Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats. Examples include: written communications that clearly outline the situation and action items; verbal presentations and briefings to the program staff, the Executive Director and other parties; presenting at local meetings and to outside groups regarding a variety of issues affecting High Point Village.
Dependability: Seeks increased responsibility while remaining conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable with respect to achieving the organization’s goals, and the needs of the Villagers and volunteers at High Point Village. This includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they arise.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Development and Family Studies or related field preferred. Additionally, the Reach High Coordinator must possess skills, knowledge, willingness to learn and qualities which may result from formal education or at least three years experience in a similar business, non-profit programming, or related areas.
Reach High is a program for adults with varying disabilities. Hours required are presently 8:15 -4:30 Monday through Thursday and 9:00-1:00 Friday.
All interested applicants should email resumes to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org